Wednesday, April 4, 2012

TheActor.

It was a day
It came after many many days
A fortunate opportunity 
To become an artiste
To stand on a stage
And read aloud.

I had some idea
The rest was the manuscript
And then the critiques
And the block heads
Who sat there in front row
To watch me play a title.

It was a day
It had a value
To prove my nationality 
A reality through the common life
Defined as a hero's life
With a need to lose it's soul
Running away from the border
The title memoirs of a gun man.

I should have laughed
At that day
Which might become tragic
Or full of applause
So I was being born
It was that day,
A useful day with a purpose

The tickets I thought
Could remain unsold
Then I could escape the play
Of history
I felt ridiculous to have
Thought that, the producer
Had a lot invested from his pockets

Demons moved in stomach
The color of cheeks pail
I would spend this day in fasting
A miracle would help me recite
I laughed
Then the claps, the curtains were about to be raised

It was that day

No comments:

Post a Comment