Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lines.

I was here
It was the road to
A singular question
The road looked still
And held some dim light.

How could this road remain
So alone, it was the way,
It appeared so without answering,
It was empty and pointed
That there wasn't any junction
In miles that it promised,
Till I wanted to touch it,
The natural impulse was
To trust it
Walk it and never to touch it,
With no right to ask any
Further questions,
The road seemed to have eyes,
They being fixed on me 
Repeating a promise to 
Make me come to silence and a flow, a trance like state.

I had this awareness of being awake,
Why would I then trade it with the road?
I won't see far on that dim
Lit road more than a mile,
And it made sense to my
Intimacy that the
Seduction of that path was
Was very mechanical, insane,
I decided to remain flesh and blood,
Than a ghost on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment