Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thoughts - The dog often chases it's own tail.


The day trip excited Nancy and it showed on Megha too. After a very long time she thought. She had never attended the picnics with her hospital colleagues, always stayed back.
Seasons bring in happiness she thought and every life in it's life must have four seasons. The play of five elements that she read in one of the spiritual books that she had bought for own self had intrigued her.
The sunshine filled the veranda and there was Biji waiting for her, "Biji and and her sandwiches, ready to sail maam,"
shut up, good morning, just give me five minutes and I will be with you."

The drive was halted by many small breaks, some for photographs and some for Megha.
Finally the smell in the air changed, "that is Bakula in the air Nancy, hmmm."

The temple sat on a brick path and the backyard had this huge landscape with a deep valley, the bakula stood proud in the right hand corner, the flowers had weaved a carpet around it.
"Biji this is beautiful, very refreshing, you must have come here before,"
"no, I wanted to but my husband, forget it.... but now I can do and be what I want."
"Megha, stop, don't run fast"
" Mommmma," her small thin voice sang, "look."
"that's a squirrel my child."

Biji had a sweet voice and she could sing too, Nancy too learned a great deal about Biji that afternoon,
she said something that went on repeating in her mind all the way back to house and through the night, "how could God invent eternal, when I live this day, I live because moments aren't eternal, if my husband wouldn't die, I wouldn't be here free."




House - The walls exist on the outside too.








No comments:

Post a Comment