Monday, August 22, 2011

Hinduism - A Bazar of sorts. But the bird here can fly.


"This would be very hard for me Father," Nancy spoke calmly, for the very first time in her life she was in a confession box, dark, cold .
"I would want her to grow as a Hindu, I mean can I?, I pray Jesus gives me strength, and I hope I won't,"
"No, no, my child, The Lord watches your intention, Nancy my child, go home, raise her as a Hindu, The Lord, the compassionate one has chosen you as her angel, go."

Being a nurse, delivering babies and being a parent were very very different, and then she was a single parent.
"you have energies coming in from planet venus," mocked Biji.
Biji had raised three children and was teaching Nancy about how to let Megha cry for atleast 15, 20 minutes before picking her up,  and how to recognize if the cry was because of pain or otherwise.
"It's not like that Biji, you have known me since I started working night shifts in twenties, I could hardly sleep the nights that I was off on, so now its fine if Megha wakes up midnight,"
"I know, I know, so you are learning about Hinduism, I mean all these books there?"
"yes."


Freedom - It never comes or goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment