Thursday, September 1, 2011

Healers - A way to be human again.


Nancy was happy to see her swing. Little Megha would sit on the swing and twirl it round and round till it was all tightened up to rotate back to it's original state.
Her stance in the kitchen when hungry was like a stalk with little just about to bloom flowers.
Sometimes she would walk in a drunken state, never at a place, from here to there like some butterfly.

"You lose a great deal if you don't observe children in this age, it's an education for us." Biji spoke while cooking curry.
"I can't take of my eyes from her. my father would have done the same, may be," relaxed Nancy in the soft rays of setting sun.
"You had to know or hear my mother speak of me with sand, me in sand and sand in me, she said this for all children, how and what sands do to us in that age, pity we have no beaches here."
"Could we watch a movie, some movie about sea and beaches or oceans, or this summer we could go somewhere?" Nancy got up and raced to the kitchen.
"Yes, yes." laughed Biji.
"The other day as I came out of bath, she was standing by the door, waiting for me to finish and step out, her face full of questions, pale and she might have had shrunk too, she held my hand and took me to the veranda and showed me a pigeon that was lying still, I touched to find it being dead and she ask me where is the bird, I was surprised by her question, she might have been occupied with what was happening, she might have seen it in movement and then it going still, so she wanted to know what happened, and I was wondering how could I explain her."
"yes how could one explain it being alive or dead to this age."
"Sometimes all these books how about teaching children are all lies, I threw all the books out," laughed  Nancy.
"How did you manage?"
"managed it, but all my answers made her ask , then momma where did it go? her eyes never left my eyes."



Opposites - Anything we know of it is speculation.






No comments:

Post a Comment